Content warning: this is a pointless ramble
The biggest problem I face with my entertainment is that is TOO damned good! Here are the plates I’m currently spinning… (Things I’m trying to find time for)
- All those CW DC shows (CW)
- Lucifer (Netflix)
- More Star Trek TOS, that I never stop watching.
- My Yearly Babylon 5 Re watch (DVD rips)
- Nancy Drew (CW)
- Picard (Amazon Video)
- Witcher (Netflix)
- Bourne Movies (Never watched)
- Frozen 2
- Green Book
- Hunger Games Movies (Never watched)
- Jay & Bob reboot
- Knives out
- Millionaires Express
- Nancy Drew (The Staircase one)
- Please Stand by
- Two Popes
- 1 Screen Platformer (Steam)
- A bunch of retro games I want to play more of
- Assassins Creed: Odyssey (Stadia)
- CastleVania Collection (Switch)
- Final Fantasy XV (Stadia)
- Golf Story (Switch)
- Littlewood (Steam)
- NiNoKuni 1 (Steam)
- Phoenix Wright (Switch)
- Rage 2 (Stadia)
- Red Bow (Steam)
- Science Girls (Steam)
- TemTem (Steam)
- And all the
Books (and comics)
- Artemis (Audible)
- Art of Electronics (Book)
- E.W.Hournung Collection (Kindle)
- John Carter – Only up to book 3 (Kindle)
- Learning Emacs, 4rd Edition (Kindle)
- Morningwood (Audible)
- Old Man’s War (Audible)
- Planned re read of X-Men Comic run 1988-now (I have a large x-men collection)
- Sed & Awk, 2nd Edition (Kindle)
- Some Faith Books I wont bore you with (4 Books)
- Superman and Philosophy (Kindle)
- The Authorities (Audible)
- The Eye of the World (Audible)
- The Last 12 months of Batman comics
- The Last 12 months of Flash comics
- The Moon is a Harsh Mistress (Kindle or Book)
- The Winds of Garth (Kindle)
- Y the last man comic (re-read)
- Actual friendships and people and stuff.
- Decorating – Literally a chore I have to do this month, been putting it off for way too long (Got to empty whole office, no small task)
- Faith ‘stuff’ (Am Wiccan, need to spend more time on those things Wiccans write. Its important to me)
- I have been messing with more and more Electronic repair over the last few months, its turning into a full blown hobby now.
- Messing with Linux ‘stuff’
- Pixel Art (Slamming them dots)
- YouTube – Making
- YouTube – Watching
Other Essential Time sinks
The reality of all this is that I’m rarely at a loss for things to do. I’ve had to start making Task-lists in Calcurse just to keep track of it all. And, I’m at the point where I actively DODGE picking up new things to be interested in because its too much.
This is an odd sort of satisfaction to have. While some people I know say dumb shit like “If I won the lottery I would still work, for something to do” or “I can’t have more than a few days off work. I’m at a loss for what to do with all the time”, I am constantly fighting with all the cool shit in my world and its all wonderful.
If books, comics, TV, Movies, Music and Games were all put on freeze right now, I would have enough stuff to do for the next 100 Years!
I listed all the cool shit I like in this post, on the off chance that you, dear reader may want to look some of this cool shit up. But, the reality is, I think, that you will be making some ’lol’s as you read because your list of shit you want to read/watch/play/listen/do is just as long as mine.
We live in an odd time where the rate of “good shit” vastly out paces the rate of “free time we got” and I fear, thinks are only going to get more dense at that ‘time’ goes on.
Not to mention all the cool shit Ive never even heard about yet
What a wonderful time.